is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- CNS and ocular toxoplasmosis (in combination with pyrimethamine)
- Malaria due to chloroquine-resistant P. falciparum (in combination with quinine and pyrimethamine)
- UTI (also FDA indicated for pyelonephritis, but generally reserved for uncomplicated UTI, trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole [TMP/SMX] preferred)
- FDA indicated, but not generally recommended: chancroid, trachoma, inclusion conjunctivitis
- FDA indicated, but not generally recommended: prophylaxis of meningococcal meningitis when sulfonamide-sensitive group A strains are known to prevail, meningococcal meningitis, acute otitis media due to Haemophilus influenzae (in combination with PCN), prophylaxis against recurrences of rheumatic fever (alternative to penicillin), H. influenzae meningitis (in combination with streptomycin)
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 1, 2016
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Sulfadiazine." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540528/all/Sulfadiazine.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Sulfadiazine. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540528/all/Sulfadiazine. Accessed March 19, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2016). Sulfadiazine. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540528/all/Sulfadiazine
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Sulfadiazine [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 March 19]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540528/all/Sulfadiazine.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Sulfadiazine
ID - 540528
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2016/02/01/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540528/all/Sulfadiazine
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine