Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- The most common causes of pancreatitis are noninfectious (see below). Infectious causes include the following pathogens:
- Viruses: mumps, Coxsackie virus (and other enteroviruses), CMV, varicella zoster virus (VZV), HSV, acute HIV, hepatitis B
- Bacteria: Mycoplasma spp., Legionella, Leptospira, Salmonella spp.
- Fungi: cryptococcus (HIV), PCP, aspergillus
- Parasites: Toxoplasma gondii, Cryptosporidia, Ascaris, Strongyloides
- Infected pancreatic necrosis: usually caused by bowel flora (gram negative, gram positive and anaerobic organisms). Resistant bacterial and fungal infection may occur, especially if patients have received prior antibiotics.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 26, 2014
McKenzie, Robin. "Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2014. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis.
McKenzie R. Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis. Accessed April 18, 2019.
McKenzie, R. (2014). Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis
McKenzie R. Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. [cited 2019 April 18]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis
ID - 540414
A1 - McKenzie,Robin,M.D.
Y1 - 2014/02/26/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine