Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Facultative anaerobic Gram-negative rod.
- Non-lactose fermenter in the same family as Proteus.
- Environmentally ubiquitous, part of normal colonic flora.
- "Urea splitter," but stones seen less frequently than Proteus due to less effective urease enzyme.
- Morganella only has single member in its genus M. morganii, and two subspecies: M. morganii and M. sibonii, which differ only in trehalose fermentation.
- Antimicrobial susceptibility:
- Naturally resistant to penicillin, first-, second-generation cephalosporins, macrolides, sulfamethoxazole.
- Beta-lactamase is inducible, chromosomal AmpC type.
- Production of extended spectrum beta-lactamases, including carbapenemases Amber class B -such as New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase 1 (NDM-1)- and Amber class D -such as OXA-181- as well as fluoroquinolone resistance have been reported
- Tigecycline not reliably effective due to ArcAB efflux pump, although may show synergy in vitro with other antimicrobials.