is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Anaerobic infections: intra-abdominal infections, skin and skin structure infections, bone and joint infections
- Bacterial septicemia; endocarditis (caused by Bacteroides spp.)
- Gynecologic infections (endometritis, endomyometritis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and postsurgical vaginal cuff infection)
- Lower respiratory tract infections (in combination with another agent with activity against microaerophilic Streptococcus)
- Adjunct treatment for gastritis and duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori
- CNS infections (meningitis and brain abscess)
- Treatment of acute intestinal amebiasis and amebic liver abscess
- Treatment of symptomatic and asymptomatic trichomoniasis
- Bacterial vaginosis (vaginal gel)
- Acne rosacea (topical gel)
- Colitis, antibiotic-associated including C. difficile
- Treatment of giardiasis and dracunculiasis
- Periodontal disease
- Elective colorectal surgery (classified as contaminated or potentially contaminated)
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: July 31, 2014
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Metronidazole." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2014. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Metronidazole. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole. Accessed November 20, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2014). Metronidazole. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Metronidazole [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. [cited 2019 November 20]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Metronidazole
ID - 540346
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2014/07/31/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine