Intravenous immune globulin
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Bone marrow transplant (to prevent graft vs host disease)
- Primary immunoglobulin deficiency
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenia (ITP)
- Prevention of bacterial infections in HIV-infected children who are not receiving prophylaxis (FDA approved but generally not recommended); Kawasaki disease.
- VZV post-exposure prophylaxis (if Varicella-Zoster immune globulin is not available)
- Anemia due to parvovirus B19 infection.
- Non-FDA approved indications with established efficacy: Guillain-Barre syndrome; steroid resistant dermatomyositis; multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Non-FDA approved indications that is still controversial: patients with Strep TSS treated with IVIG had a trend toward a lower mortality rate.
- Severe C. difficile-associated colitis (based on case reports) .
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 2, 2011
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Intravenous Immune Globulin." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2011. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Intravenous immune globulin. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2011. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin. Accessed April 22, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2011). Intravenous immune globulin. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Intravenous Immune Globulin [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2011. [cited 2019 April 22]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Intravenous immune globulin
ID - 540292
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2011/02/02/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540292/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine