Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Bone marrow transplant (to prevent graft vs host disease)
- Primary immunoglobulin deficiency
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenia (ITP)
- Prevention of bacterial infections in HIV-infected children who are not receiving prophylaxis (FDA approved but generally not recommended); Kawasaki disease.
- VZV post-exposure prophylaxis (if Varicella-Zoster immune globulin is not available)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Anemia due to parvovirus B19 infection.
- Non-FDA approved indications with established efficacy: Guillain-Barre syndrome; steroid resistant dermatomyositis; multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Non-FDA approved indications that is still controversial: patients with Strep TSS treated with IVIG had a trend toward a lower mortality rate.
- Severe C. difficile-associated colitis (based on case reports) .