is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Eflornithine (IV): no longer commercially available in the U.S.
- Treatment of unwanted facial hair in women (topical cream)
- African trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness):Second-stage T. b. gambiense
- Eflornithine is not effective against T. b. rhodesiense(East African form of the diseases)
- Drug can be obtained from CDC by contacting the Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria (telephone, 404-718-4745; email, email@example.com).
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: June 3, 2017
Avdic, Edina, and Paul A Pham. "Eflornithine." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2017. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540184/all/Eflornithine.
Avdic E, Pham PA. Eflornithine. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540184/all/Eflornithine. Accessed October 17, 2019.
Avdic, E., & Pham, P. A. (2017). Eflornithine. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540184/all/Eflornithine
Avdic E, Pham PA. Eflornithine [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. [cited 2019 October 17]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540184/all/Eflornithine.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Eflornithine
ID - 540184
A1 - Avdic,Edina,Pharm.D.
AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
Y1 - 2017/06/03/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540184/all/Eflornithine
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine