is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Endocarditis caused by Enterococcus spp. resistant to vancomcyin, penicillin and aminoglycosides
- VRE infections including BSI, intra-abdominal infections, urinary tract infections, SSTI
- Alternative therapy:
- Instead of vancomycin for left-sided native valve endocarditis caused by MSSA
- S. aureus and Enterococcus spp. prosthetic joint infections
- S. aureus and Enterococcus spp. native vertebral osteomyelitis
- Note: daptomycin should not be used for treatment of pneumonia
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: November 29, 2015
TY - ELEC
T1 - Daptomycin
ID - 540155
A1 - Avdic,Edina,Pharm.D.
AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
Y1 - 2015/11/29/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540155/all/Daptomycin
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine