is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Note: for use only in those serious infections for which less potentially dangerous drugs are ineffective or contraindicated.
- Acute infections caused by Salmonella typhi
- Serious infections caused by Salmonella species, H. influenzae, specially meningeal infections, Rickettsia, Lymphogranuloma-psittacosis Chlamydia group, various Gram-negative bacteria causing bacteremia and meningitis.
- Part of a cystic fibrosis regimen when other agents are ineffective or contraindicated.
- Ocular infections (ophthalmic drops and ointments)
- Lung abscess
- Gas gangrene (in PCN allergic pts)
- Brain abscess
- Paratyphoid fever
- Q fever (Coxiella burnetii)
- Rocky mountain spotted fever and other endemic (murine or scrub) typhus infections caused by Rickettsia species
- Meningitis in PCN-allergic patients.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: January 31, 2016
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Chloramphenicol." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540119/all/Chloramphenicol.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Chloramphenicol. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540119/all/Chloramphenicol. Accessed October 21, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2016). Chloramphenicol. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540119/all/Chloramphenicol
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Chloramphenicol [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 October 21]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540119/all/Chloramphenicol.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Chloramphenicol
ID - 540119
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2016/01/31/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540119/all/Chloramphenicol
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine