is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Urinary tract infections
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Skin and skin-structure infections
- Gynecologic infections including PID (note: no activity against C. trachomatis)
- Intra-abdominal infections (IDSA guidelines: cefotetan is no longer recommended for intra-abdominal infections as monotherapy due to high rates of B. fragilis resistance).
- Bone and joint infections (author’s comment: generally used for mild infections)
- Surgical prophylaxis (e.g., cesarean section, abdominal or vaginal hysterectomy, trans-urethral surgery, biliary tract surgery, and gastrointestinal surgery)
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: October 6, 2016
Avdic, Edina, and Paul A Pham. "Cefotetan." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540096/all/Cefotetan.
Avdic , Pham PA. Cefotetan. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540096/all/Cefotetan. Accessed April 24, 2019.
Avdic, ., & Pham, P. A. (2016). Cefotetan. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540096/all/Cefotetan
Avdic , Pham PA. Cefotetan [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 April 24]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540096/all/Cefotetan.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Cefotetan
ID - 540096
A1 - Avdic, Edina,Pharm.D.
AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
Y1 - 2016/10/06/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540096/all/Cefotetan
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine