is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of invasive aspergillosis in patients who are refractory to or intolerant of other anti-fungal therapy.
- Candidemia and the following Candida infections: intra-abdominal abscesses, peritonitis and pleural space infections.
- Note: not well studied in endocarditis, osteomyelitis, and meningitis (low CNS penetration) due to Candida.
- Esophageal candidiasis (authors’ opinion: would reserve caspofungin for azole-resistant cases).
- Empiric treatment of presumed fungal infections in febrile neutropenic patients.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: May 1, 2017
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Caspofungin Acetate." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2017. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/8/Caspofungin_acetate.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Caspofungin acetate. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/8/Caspofungin_acetate. Accessed June 24, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2017). Caspofungin acetate. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/8/Caspofungin_acetate
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Caspofungin Acetate [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. [cited 2019 June 24]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/8/Caspofungin_acetate.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Caspofungin acetate
ID - 540083
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2017/05/01/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/8/Caspofungin_acetate
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine