Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Aerobic, gram-negative, lactose fermenter and oxidase positive.
- May grow anaerobically.
- Has been cultured using Mueller-Hinton, NAC and Salmonella-Shigella agars.
- Found widely in the environment, including soil and waters including fresh and brackish.
- May be a component of normal GI flora.
- Known to be associated with biofilm formation and found in humidifiers and well water.
- Intrinsic and acquired multi-drug resistance common.
- A. xylosoxidans: most commonly implicated in active infections.
- Intrinsically resistant to aminoglycosides, aztreonam, tetracyclines, and many penicillins/cephalosporins.
- Many other species including:
- A. denitrificans
- A. piechaudii