Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of pulmonary MDR TB (resistant to at least INH and rifampin) in combination with other active antimycobacterial agents (minimum of four-drug treatment regimen) when an effective treatment regimen cannot otherwise be provided.
- Limitation of use: the safety and efficacy of bedaquiline for the treatment of latent infection due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis or drug-sensitive TB has not been established.
- In addition, there are limited data on the treatment of extra-pulmonary TB (e.g., central nervous system).
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- On a case-by-case basis bedaquiline can be considered in extra-pulmonary TB, children, pregnant women, and HIV-infected patients when an effective anti-TB cannot be provided otherwise (CDC recommendation)
- Treatment of MAC and M. abscessus when there are no other alternatives