is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- DNA polyomavirus, first isolated in 1971 in a renal transplant patient with initials B.K.
- Member of DNA tumor virus family, well-known to cause tumors in rodents; however, oncologic potential in humans less certain.
- Similar to JC virus, ~75% information shared genomically.
- Two forms based on genotype:
- Archetype virus: transmissible form, asymptomatic reactivation, disease.
- Rearranged variants: may be more common in disease.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: June 1, 2016
Shoham, Shmuel, and Paul G Auwaerter. "BK Virus." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus.
Shoham S, Auwaerter PG. BK Virus. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus. Accessed April 20, 2019.
Shoham, S., & Auwaerter, P. G. (2016). BK Virus. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus
Shoham S, Auwaerter PG. BK Virus [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 April 20]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus.
TY - ELEC
T1 - BK Virus
ID - 540620
A1 - Shoham,Shmuel,M.D.
AU - Auwaerter,Paul,M.D.
Y1 - 2016/06/01/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine