Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- DNA polyomavirus, first isolated in 1971 in a renal transplant patient with initials B.K.
- Member of DNA tumor virus family, well-known to cause tumors in rodents; however, oncologic potential in humans less certain.
- Similar to JC virus, ~75% information shared genomically.
- Two forms based on genotype:
- Archetype virus: transmissible form, asymptomatic reactivation, disease.
- Rearranged variants: may be more common in disease.