Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of acute, uncomplicated malaria infections due to Plasmodium falciparum in patients with ≥ 5 kg.
- Manufacturer does not recommend use for the treatment of severe malaria or the prevention of P. falciparum malaria.
- Most recent CDC guidelines recommend artemether/lumefantrine use for the treatment of severe malaria following administration of IV artesunate or while waiting for IV artesunate to arrive from CDC (see CDC website)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Treatment of severe malaria due to P. falciparum following administration of IV artesunate or while awaiting for IV artesunate to arrive from CDC.
- Treatment of uncomplicated P. vivax malaria (2015 WHO recommendations).