Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Gram-negative coccobacilli of family Enterobacteriaceae.
- 3 Yersinia species cause human disease: Y. pestis (see separate module), Y. enterocolitica and Y. pseudotuberculosis.
- Other Yersiniae: Y. fredrikensii, Y. intermedia, Y. kristensenii, Y. bercovieri, Y. mollaretti, Y. rhodei, Y. ruckeri, Y. aldovae MAY rarely cause gastroenteritis and soft tissue infections in humans.
- Transmitted by fecal-oral route, contaminated food (e.g., unpasteurized milk), water, blood or direct contact with carrier animals.
- Animal reservoirs include pigs, cattle, sheep, chicken, dogs, cats, and birds.