Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- DNA virus member of Herpesviridae family.
- Humans only known reservoir.
- Primary infection spread by respiratory route with viral latency established in nerves.
- Latent VZV found in dorsal root ganglia and cranial nerve ganglia.
- By adulthood 90-95% infected (pre-vaccine era).