Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Before pulled from the U.S. market for hepatotoxicity reasons, the use of trovafloxacin was reserved for use only if the patient meets all of the following criteria:
- Has at least one of the following infections that is judged by the treating physician to be serious and life- or limb-threatening:
- Receives initial therapy in an in-patient heath care facility (i.e., hospital or long-term nursing care facility).
- The treating physician believes that, even given the new safety information, the benefit of the product for the patient outweighs the potential risk.
- Use of trovafloxacin was limited to 14 days or less.