- Before pulled from the U.S. market for hepatotoxicity reasons, the use of trovafloxacin was reserved for use only if the patient meets all of the following criteria:
- Has at least one of the following infections that is judged by the treating physician to be serious and life- or limb-threatening:
- Receives initial therapy in an in-patient heath care facility (i.e., hospital or long-term nursing care facility).
- The treating physician believes that, even given the new safety information, the benefit of the product for the patient outweighs the potential risk.
- Use of trovafloxacin was limited to 14 days or less.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.