Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Slow growing, pigmented AFB, photochromogenic non-tubercular mycobacterium (NTM).
- Grows best at 30-33°C on LJ slants, usually within 7-21d.
- Reservoir: water and marine organisms with worldwide distribution.
- Survives in fresh or salt water.
- Previously called M. balnei.
- Usually resistant to INH, PAS; reduced susceptibilities to streptomycin.