is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Slow-growing acid fast bacillus (AFB), non-tubercular mycobactera (NTM).
- Growth on Löwenstein-Jensen media or Middlebrook 7H10 agar, typically seen > 7 days at 37ºC, although 25ºC is optimal.
- Scotochromogenic (smooth yellow to orange colonial formation) if growing in presence of light.
- Old classification: Runyon Group 2.
- Ubiquitous; reservoir is water (natural and tap) as well as soil. Often referred to as the "tap water bacillus."
- Growth usually takes 3 weeks or more at 37°C.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: January 3, 2016
Auwaerter, Paul. "Mycobacterium Gordonae." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae.
Auwaerter P. Mycobacterium gordonae. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae. Accessed April 25, 2019.
Auwaerter, P. (2016). Mycobacterium gordonae. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae
Auwaerter P. Mycobacterium Gordonae [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 April 25]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Mycobacterium gordonae
ID - 540366
A1 - Auwaerter,Paul,M.D.
Y1 - 2016/01/03/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine