Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Nematode parasite transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Most disease caused by species of tissue-dwelling nematodes, agents of lymphatic filiariasis:
- Wuchereria bancrofti (Asia, Africa, Latin America, Pacific islands)
- Onchocerca volvulus (Africa >> Latin America, Middle East)
- Brugia malayi (South-east Asia)
- Brugia timori (Indonesia)
- Transmitted by night- or day-biting mosquitoes (Anopheles, Culex).
- Other less common species involved include Mansonella perstans, M. streptocerca, and M. ozzardi.
- See Loa loa or Onchocerca volvulus modules for information on these filarial parasites.