is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Usually inflammatory and noninfectious.
- If infectious, frequently polymicrobial. Leading pathogens:
- Anaerobes: Clostridium and Bacteroides species.
- Pathogenic role of enterococci and anaerobes are not well defined and empirical coverage not usually required.
- Organisms cultured from bile/gallbladder: unclear pathogenicity unless also recovered in blood.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: July 2, 2017
TY - ELEC
T1 - Cholecystitis
ID - 540122
A1 - Carpenter,Christopher,M.D.
AU - Gilpin,Nick,D.O.
Y1 - 2017/07/02/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540122/all/Cholecystitis
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine