is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Obligate intracellular Gram-negative bacteria.
- Grows like a virus (requires cell culture systems) but is a bacterium with RNA and DNA.
- As intracellular organism-parasite, requires host cell for ATP/GTP.
- Known to also cause disease in koalas, reptiles and amphibians.
- Elementary body is metabolically inactive form, has rigid cell wall that permits survival outside cell [Fig]. Inside cell is seen as inclusion body.
- Incubation culture to positivity: average 21 d.
- Historically known as the "TWAR" agent, as two of the original isolates were from Taiwan.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 3, 2019
Fabre, Valeria, and John G Bartlett. "Chlamydia Pneumoniae." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2019. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae.
Fabre V, Bartlett JG. Chlamydia pneumoniae. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae. Accessed October 16, 2019.
Fabre, V., & Bartlett, J. G. (2019). Chlamydia pneumoniae. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae
Fabre V, Bartlett JG. Chlamydia Pneumoniae [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. [cited 2019 October 16]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Chlamydia pneumoniae
ID - 540117
A1 - Fabre,Valeria,M.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2019/02/03/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540117/all/Chlamydia_pneumoniae
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine