Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Respiratory tract infections S. pneumoniae and S. pyogenes
- Author’s comment: generally not recommended, certainly empirically.
- Otitis media caused by S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, S. aureus (MSSA), S. pyogenes, and M. catarrhalis
- Skin and skin-structure infections caused by S. pyogenes and S. aureus (MSSA)
- Osteomyelitis: MSSA and/or P. mirabilis
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent.
- Urinary tract infections including acute prostatitis caused by E. coli, P. mirabilis, and K. pneumoniae
- Author’s comment: not a first-line agent