Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Staphylococci, and Streptococcus pyogenes
- Lower respiratory tract infections including pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Streptococcus (author’s comment: not a first-line agent)
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes (PCN is the drug of choice).
- Pyelonephritis and cystitis caused by Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella spp., and coagulase-negative staphylococci (author’s comment: not a first-line agent)
- Skin and skin structure infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) and Streptococcus pyogenes