Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Facultative, aerobic, nonmotile, slender, intracellular Gram-negative rod.
- Agent of glanders.
- If suspected, notify lab personnel.
- Classified as Tier 1 biological select agent, https://www.selectagents.gov, accessed 4/4/2017.
- May be erroneously identified as Pseudomonas sp. by standard microbiologic testing, morphologically indistinguishable from B. pseudomallei.
- Hard to see on Gram stain. Grows slowly, best with glycerol.