Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Pasteurella spp.
- P. multocida (cats and dogs)
- P. septica (cats)
- Capnocytophaga canimorsus (dogs): infrequent, but can be serious with asplenia or cirrhosis.
- Eikenella corrodens (humans)
- Streptococcus spp (all bites, especially S. anginosus)
- Staphylococcus aureus (all bites including 30-50% of dog and cat bites)
- Staphylococcus intermedius (dogs)
- Anaerobes (50 - 70% of all bites, especially Prevotella spp., but rarely detected)
- Viruses: case reports following human bite wounds