Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Aerobic gram-negative coccobacillus or rod
- Common in the environment (water, soil) and hospitals (catheters, lotions, ventilation equipment).
- Grows on standard agar media.
- Oxidase negative
- A. baumannii is the major species of Acinetobacter.
- Occasional other species include: A. calcoaceticus, A. lwoffi, A. junii, A. johnsonii and A. baylyi.