Tendonitis and Tendinosis
- Tendonitis: inflammation of a tendon or along the tendon sheath due to microtears
- Tendinosis: tendon collagen degeneration due to chronic overuse
- Increases with age and at time of puberty
- May be slightly more common in girls
Hypermobile individuals may be prone to tendonitis.
Inflammation and microtearing may be present.
- Tendinosis associated with repetitive motion/overuse activities
- Can also see with inflammatory rheumatic disease
- Tendonitis associated with fluoroquinolone antibiotic use
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.