Tendonitis and Tendinosis
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Tendonitis: inflammation of a tendon or along the tendon sheath due to microtears
- Tendinosis: tendon collagen degeneration due to chronic overuse
- Increases with age and at time of puberty
- May be slightly more common in girls
Hypermobile individuals may be prone to tendonitis.
Inflammation and microtearing may be present.
- Tendinosis associated with repetitive motion/overuse activities
- Can also see with inflammatory rheumatic disease
- Tendonitis associated with fluoroquinolone antibiotic use