is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of pulmonary MDR TB (resistant to at least INH and rifampin) in combination with other active antimycobacterial agents (minimum of four-drug treatment regimen) when an effective treatment regimen cannot otherwise be provided.
- Limitation of use: the safety and efficacy of bedaquiline for the treatment of latent infection due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis or drug-sensitive TB has not been established.
- In addition, there are limited data on the treatment of extra-pulmonary TB (e.g., central nervous system).
- On a case-by-case basis bedaquiline can be considered in extra-pulmonary TB, children, pregnant women, and HIV-infected patients when an effective anti-TB cannot be provided otherwise (CDC recommendation)
- Treatment of MAC and M. abscessus when there are no other alternatives
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: January 2, 2019
Avdic, Edina, and Paul A Pham. "Bedaquiline." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2019. Pediatrics Central, peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline.
Avdic E, Pham PA. Bedaquiline. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline. Accessed November 20, 2019.
Avdic, E., & Pham, P. A. (2019). Bedaquiline. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline
Avdic E, Pham PA. Bedaquiline [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. [cited 2019 November 20]. Available from: https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Bedaquiline
ID - 540629
A1 - Avdic,Edina,Pharm.D.
AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D. BCPS
Y1 - 2019/01/02/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine