Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Aerobic, Gram-negative rod, 2-4 x 0.4-0.6µm.
- Grows on standard media from stool source, but need fresh specimen.
- Enrichment broth (tetrathionate or selenite) may help growth when organisms present in low numbers.
- Salmonella enterica serovars typhi and paratyphi cause enteric fever.
- Non-typhoidal Salmonella spp. cause enterocolitis and are a major cause of food-borne infection, primarily from poultry and eggs.