is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Facultatively anaerobic, fastidious, Gram-negative coccobacillary organism.
- Pits agar on culture plates (note: only ~50% of such colonies produce this pitting).
- Grows best if enhanced by 3-10% CO2.
- Often found as a component of mixed infections.
- Member of HACEK group of endocarditis-associated bacteria (Haemophilus spp., Actinobacillus, Cardiobacterium, Eikenella, Kingella).
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: January 3, 2016
TY - ELEC
T1 - Eikenella corrodens
ID - 540186
A1 - Auwaerter,Paul,M.D.
Y1 - 2016/01/03/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://peds.unboundmedicine.com/pedscentral/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540186/all/Eikenella_corrodens
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Pediatrics Central
DP - Unbound Medicine