Pediatrics Central™ is an all-in-one application that puts valuable medical information, via your mobile device or the web, in the hands of clinicians treating infants, children, and adolescents. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Spore-forming anaerobe, Gram-positive bacillus [Fig 1].
- Found in human and animal feces, also in water and soils.
- Produces toxins A and B that cause colitis in humans.
- Occasionally grown in anaerobic cultures, rarely a cause of infection other than colitis.
- Renamed Clostridioides difficile (2013) to differentiate from other members of Clostridium genus.